
Yep...the Nike Runaholic sessions came as a good timing for me to train for the Singapore standard Chartered Marathon 2006. Went alone to join the Nike Runaholic session. Eight sessons of Sunday runs at ECP and one at MacRitchie Reservoir and one at Marina Promenade Carpark. The 8th session was held on 26th November 2006. I completed 7 sessions with one Sunday on 12th November 2006 which I was at the Singapore-Johor 2nd Link Bridge 10km run.
After the last session of the Nike Runaholic run, I was surprised to be awarded a NIKE sport voucher worth $200 of a pair of Nike Bowerman Seris Shoe. This is given to those 20 runners who have completed accumulative running session mileage of 90km. Guess my regular attendance pays off. The Nike Runanholic session has helped to shape me into a better edurance runner going distances I never venture into of 35km. I finished the race at Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon 42.195km. These running session brings me good memories and especially meeting a total stranger by the name of Thomas Tan. We introduced to each other. Through him, I came to know the online community "SGRunners.com". I went online and registered as "Kayano". Surprising it was the last time that I would meet Thomas on one of the Sunday Nike Runaholic session that we exchanged contact and nickname on the SGRunners forum. Mine...mine....he is "SealBoon" and I am "Kayano".....So we do know each other on the forum by nickname just not the actual name.....
By the 5th session, more SGrunner came into the scene.....DO, Dreamrunner, Sotong, Brokenrunner, Ultraman, TLR, Cokiee, Bee, Alvo, Meteor, Shortlegs, OP, Babymonster at the Nike Runanholic sessions.
The venture into running and for me the discovery of endurance running in marathon has just begun as I discovered a group of like-minded, passionate runners.
Cheers !
No comments:
Post a Comment