Saturday, July 21, 2007

My 1st Full Marathon 3rd Dec 2006


...finally the day has arrived. Dec 3rd 2006. My 1st 42.195km run. I finished in 5hrs 46mins. It was a humbling experience. The tagline from Adidas "Impossible is Nothing" became real to me. The feeling of finishing the race and crossing the finishing line was ...don't know how to descibe feeling except you must be there to cross it yourself.

Without the Nike Runanholic sessions and the group of SGRunners encouragement and the companionship of Apple IPod, I could never finished the greatest race on earth!

Surprising when I reached the turn into St. Andrew road with the last 100 metres to go, the "Chariots of fire" music started to play in my IPod.....what a way to finished the race !

Looking forward to SCSM2007 and I hope to do better in the timing of better 4hrs to 4hrs 20mins.

Cheers !

No comments: