
Yep...what more can I say but to continue the run which is an endurance race. That's right...the MacRitchie Runners 25(MR25) club oragnized the annual Ultramaraton on the last Sunday of each December year. I came to know about this event through SGRunners.com forum and was highly promoted by Ultraman (an MR25 runners himself).
Given 12 hours form 7am to 7pm to complete as many rounds of 10.5km each. The minimum to qualify the Ultramarathon with certificate is 5 rounds. I completed the 4 rounds by 4 hours 52 mins and took a long lunch break of chicken rice. Then I walked the 5th round with Brokenrunner and Gentle. We took our sweet time to walk and admired the sceanary which many a time I don't get to do so when running the last 4 rounds. Brokenrunner and Gentle decided to go further into the Treetop walk which is a detour of the route. I continues alone and finally decided to run back. The best part about running back is that I knocked my head twice on the same low tree branch. I did the first knock during the 3rd round and never imagined I did it again on the final round. After checking on the SGRunners forum, a number of runners also had the same experience as me. About 10 of them had their heads knocked on the low branch of the tree.
Well, that was how I ended year 2006 with a completion of the MR25 Ultra Marathon with a totlal distance of 52.50km in 9 hours 24 minutes.
I will come back again to join them in year 2007 and looking forward to do more rounds perhaps 7 rounds....well....mmmm...let's see.
Cheers !
No comments:
Post a Comment